Terms and Conditions Statement for Horner’s Haunted Corner (H.H.C.) Product Sales
This document limits our liability with regard to products sold by us on our website or in person. By checking the box on the checkout screen, you are indicating that you have read, understand, and agree to follow the instructions contained herein for your own personal safety, and the safety of others.
General Product usage:
~ All items sold by H.H.C. are for personal use and for entertainment purposes only.
~ All products are to be used according to manufacturers instructions.
~ Masks and some types of costume accessories may interfere with vision and or breathing, even worn properly. If such interference occurs and is causing a health or safety concern, remove the item and do not wear it.
~ Masks, and costume accessories that interfere with vision, mobility, handling of objects, etc., should not be work while engaging in activities such as driving, cooking, operating machinery, or any other activity that is likely to be made more hazardous while wearing these items.
~ Costuming that results in limiting your visibility in the dark should not be worn while walking on or near roadways, or in other places where you are placing yourself in danger by not being visible to other people operating vehicles, machinery, or other hazardous situations.
~ Components in some costuming accessories, masks, etc., make cause allergic reactions. If you experience itching, burning skin or eyes, or other physical symptoms, remove the item and do not wear it.
~ Use of any items sold by H.H.C. to intentionally harm any person, or for any criminal activity, or in any way that is otherwise unsafe, is a violation of this policy, and H.H.C. is not responsible for such uses.
~ Due to health and safety considerations, costume items that have been worn are not eligible for return or refund.
~ For details and instruction regarding the use of Hydrophilic (Soft) Contact lenses sold by H.H. C., please read the following information carefully. Your acknowledgement in the checkout process of the purchase indicates that you have read, understand, and will follow these instructions carefully for your own personal safety, and the safety of others.
Soft (Hydrophilic) Contact Lenses Eye Care Instructions
IMPORTANT: Please read carefully and keep this information for future use.
Primal Brand Contacts Lenses (As sold by H.H.C.) are available as corrective & non-corrective lens designs. The Lenses are composed of 62% Polymacon and 38% water a silicone-containing hydrogel.
PRIMAL (NON-CORRECTIVE) CONTACT LENSES (As sold by H.H.C.) PARAMETERS
Diameter: 14,0 mm to 14,8 mm Base / Curve: 8,6 mm to 8,8 mm / Power: Plano
INDICATIONS (USES) AND WEARING RESTRICTIONS
Primal ® Brand Fashion Lenses (As sold by H.H.C.) is indicated for non-corrective use in the color enhancement of the iris and have no therapeutic effects for daily wear.
CONTRAINDICATIONS (REASONS NOT TO USE PRIMAL BRAND CONTACT LENSES)
Inflammation or infection in or around the eye or eyelids. Any eye disease, injury, or abnormality that affects the cornea, conjunctiva, or eyelids. Any previously diagnosed condition that makes contact lens wear uncomfortable. Any systemic disease that may affect the eye or be exaggerated by wearing contact lenses. Allergic reactions of ocular surfaces of the eye (adnexa) that may be induced or exaggerated by wearing contact lenses or use of contact lens solutions. Allergy to any ingredient, such as mercury or Thimerosal, in a solution which is to be used to care for your contact lenses. Severe dry eye. Any active corneal infection (bacterial, fungal, protozoal or viral). Not to be used if you are unable to follow the lens care regimen or unable to obtain assistance to do so. Stinging, burning, itching (irritation), pain, tearing or other eye discomfort or sensation of foreign object in the eye.
POTENTIAL ADVERSE SIDE EFFECTS FROM WEARING PRIMAL BRAND CONTACT LENSES
Excessive watering, unusual eye secretions, redness of the eye or difficulty opening after sleep. Poor vision, blurred vision, rainbows or halos around objects, sensitivity to light (photophobia).
Should side effects occur due to the use of Primal ® Brand contact lenses (As sold by H.H.C.), remove the contact lens immediately, and consult your Eye Care Professional immediately and before resuming in the use of contact lenses.
• Problems with contact lenses or lens care products could result in serious injury to the eye. Proper use and care of your contact lenses and lens care products, including lens cases, are essential for the safe use of these products.
• Eye problems, including a sore or lesion on the cornea (corneal ulcers) can develop rapidly and lead to loss of vision.
• The risk of an infected sore or lesion on the cornea (ulcerative keratitis) is greater for individuals who wear contact lenses past the recommended time in the instructions or from your Eye Care Professional. (Do not wear lenses for longer than 8 hours a day)
• When Individuals wear their lenses overnight (outside the approved use), the risk of an infected sore or lesion on the cornea (ulcerative keratitis) is greater than among those who do not wear them while sleeping.
• If you experience eye discomfort, excessive tearing, vision changes, redness of the eye or other problems, you should immediately remove your lenses & promptly contact your Eye Care Professional.
• It is recommended that you see Eye Care Professional routinely as directed.
STORAGE AND VALIDITY
• Storage: Seal and store the lenses in the proper lens container with saline soaking solution and keep at room temperature (15~20o).
• Validity: Unopened – 5 years from the date of manufacturing. Opened – 3 months from the time of opening.
APPLYING AND REMOVING YOUR CONTACTS
APPLYING STEP BY STEP: Thoroughly wash your hands with soap and dry using a clean towel. Place the lens on the tip of your right index finger. Be sure the lens is positioned correctly. Use your other hand to gently hold your upper eyelid from blinking. Pull down your lower eyelid with the other fingers of your applying hand. Look up at the ceiling and gently place the lens on the lower part of eye.
Slowly release your eyelid and close your eye for a moment. Then blink a few times to center the lens.
REMOVING STEP BY STEP : Thoroughly wash your hands with soap and dry using a clean towel. Look up at the ceiling and gently pull down holding your lower eyelid. Using your index finger gently slide the lens to the lower white part of your eye. Slowly release your eyelid and close your eye for a moment. Then blink a few times to center the lens. Gently squeeze the lens between your thumb and index finger and remove it.
CHEMICAL LENS DISINFECTION
Clean the contact lenses and case with a recommended cleaning solution every 2 days (even if not used). Thoroughly rinse lenses with a recommended rinsing solution. Store lenses in a thoroughly clean contact lens case in a recommended storage solution.
Leave lenses in unopened storage case until use. Rinse thoroughly with fresh solution prior to next wear.
CARE REGIMEN AND SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
• DO NOT use if the sterile blister package is opened or damaged.
• CAREFULLY follow the handling, insertion, removal and wearing instructions provided with your contact lenses and those prescribed by your Eye Care Professional.
• ALWAYS wash and rinse hands thoroughly before handling lenses. Do not get soaps, lotions, cosmetics, sprays or deodorants in contact with your eyes or lenses.
• ALWAYS apply makeup after contacts have been put in your eyes.
• ALWAYS handle lenses gently and avoid dropping them.
• DO NOT touch the lens with fingernails.
• NEVER use tweezers or other tools to remove your lenses from the lens container unless specially indicated for that use. Pour the lens and solution directly in to the palm of your hand.
LENS WEARING PRECAUTIONS
• IMMEDIATELY remove your lenses if they become red or irritated or if any other side effects as described before occur.
• DO NOT DRIVE while wearing Primal Brand costume lenses (As sold by H.H.C.). They may obscure vision.
• NEVER wear contact lenses beyond the amount of time recommended by the Eye Care Professional.
Contact lenses should not be worn for longer than 8 hours a day as this will increase the risk of infection or permanent damage.
DO NOT sleep while wearing lenses. It is recommended to remove lenses during a period of rest overnight or longer. Ask your Eye Care Professional about wearing contact lenses during sports activities.
• AVOID going in the water while wearing lenses. This includes lakes, the ocean, swimming pools, hot tubs and even the shower. The water may contain unseen threats to your eyes.
• AVOID environments that are extremely dry, dusty, handling of harmful chemical substances, exposure to moisture, or extreme changes in temperatures. This may cause irritation or infections of the eye. Consult your Eye Care Professional if you are subject to these environments.
• AVOID using contact lenses if you suffer any eye diseases or are allergic to materials contained in the lens.
• ALWAYS inform your employer of being a contact lens wearer. Certain jobs require the use of eye protection or may require the individual not wear contact lenses.
• ALWAYS use the recommended product for cleaning, rinsing and storage of contact lenses. Different lens care products cannot always be used together.
• ALWAYS use fresh, unexpired lens care solutions. If the lens sticks (stops moving or cannot be removed) apply 2 to 3 drops of the recommended lubricating or wetting solution directly to the eye and wait until the lens begins to move freely before it is removed.
• USE ONLY a chemical (not heat) lens care system. Use of heat (thermal) care systems can damage your contact lens.
• DO NOT use saliva or anything other than the recommended solutions for lubricating or wetting lenses.
• ALWAYS make sure you completely cover your lenses with the recommended storage solution when not wearing the lenses (stored). If your lenses start to dry out it will make them more difficult to become wet again.
LENS CASE PRECAUTIONS
Contact lens cases should be emptied, cleaned, & rinsed with recommended solution & allowed to air dry. Lens cases should be replaced at regular intervals recommended by Eye Care Professional.
Topics to discuss with Your Eye Care Professional:
For proper use of Primal ® Brand soft contact lenses (As sold by H.H.C.) and eye care maintenance consult your Eye Care Professional.
• FOLLOW UP VISITS with you Eye Care Professional are necessary to assume the continuing health of your eyes.
• AVOID using contact lenses if you suffer any eye diseases or are allergic to materials contained in the lens.
• ALWAYS contact your Eye Care Professional before using any medicine in your eyes.
THEATRICAL AND COSMETIC CONTACT LENSE WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
Cosmetic contact lenses are like other contact lenses, but are intended solely to change the normal appearance of the eye in a decorative/cosmetic fashion. These products are intended to be worn only with the assistance of a Qualified Eye Care Professional and professional eye care supervision. Do not wear these lenses if you have not had an eye exam in the past year, have never worn contact lenses or have not been trained in contact lens insertion, removal and lens care.
Like other contact lenses, cosmetic contacts can cause a variety of eye injuries and conditions. Contact lenses can cause infection, redness, corneal ulcer and/or other problems if not used properly. If left untreated, certain ocular (eye) problems such as infection, can lead to corneal scarring which can lead to vision impairment. In extreme cases, corneal ulcer can result in blindness and eye loss.
Other risks include conjunctivitis, corneal edema, allergic reaction, abrasion, and reduction in visual acuity, contrast sensitivity and other visual functions resulting in interference with driving and other activities. These risks cannot be sufficiently controlled unless:
1. The wearer obtains contact lens wearing advice from an eye care professional.
2. The lenses are evaluated by an eye care professional.
3. The wearer remains under appropriate professional supervision, including undergoing yearly eye exams.
I certify that I have read this document and I fully understand its content. I am 18 years of age or older. I agree to follow all of the instructions listed above which includes wear and care instructions for contact lenses. I am aware that this is a waiver and release of liability and I sign it of my own free will. I agree to not hold Streets Management Group Pty Ltd t/a Shindigs (Primal Lenses), its directors or its staff liable for any injury to my eyes or for any financial loss that may occur directly or indirectly from the use of cosmetic contact lenses.
I also agree to not hold Jeffrey Horner, Horner’s Haunted Corner or its staff liable for any injury to my eyes or for any financial loss that may occur directly or indirectly from the use of cosmetic contact lenses.
I agree that a Horner’s Haunted Corner representative has directed me to have my primary eye care specialist/optometrist contact the Releasee Horner’s Haunted Corner within 48 hours of sale to approve me to wear product sold.